A Magdalena Festival
20 April 2022 to 24 April 2022
Double Edge Theatre
Double Edge Theatre celebrates its 40th anniversary with RITES, a five month celebration.
Double Edge Festival Photo Gallery
RITES began with a festival in partnership with The Magdalena Project on April 20 – 24, 2022. These five days included performances from worldwide women, non-binary, and trans artists, as well as symposia.
- Geddy Aniksdal, Grenland Friteater (Norway): No Doctor for the Dead
- Jill Greenhalgh (Wales): Daughter
- Shey Rivera (Rhode Island & Puerto Rico): ANTIGONX
- Ebony Noelle Golden, Jupiter Performance Studio (Harlem, NY): SPECTER OF SUNLIGHT//
- Walken Schweigert, Katie Burgess, Open Flame Theatre (Wisconsin, MN): The Garden
- Jeremy Louise Eaton, Double Edge Theatre (Ashfield, MA): Lightning
- Ana Correa, Grupo Cultural Yuyachkani (Lima, Peru): CONFESIONES and Rosa Cuchillo
- Teresa Ralli, Grupo Cultural Yuyachkani (Lima, Peru): El Desmontaje de Antígona
- Hayley Brown, Aerialist (Ashfield, MA)
- A symposium discussion led by Anishinaabe Theater Exchange
Emerging Artist performances:
- Tomantha Sylvester, Anishinaabe Theater Exchange/Double Edge Theatre (Sault Ste. Marie, MI/Ashfield, MA): Something Else
- Lydia Lai (Los Angeles, CA): Ryotatio
- Ebony Webster (New York, NY): Sit High, Fly Low
Gilly Adams, Javiera Benavente, Lorien Corbelletti, Vanessa Gilbert, Elaine Vaan Hogue, Ashley James, Morgan Jenness, Barbara Lanciers, Amrita Ramanan, and more….