SOLOS FÉRTEIS FESTIVAL AND INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S THEATER MEETING - 3rd EDITION!
THE MAGDALENA PROJECT
CALL FOR PERFORMANCES
Solos Férteis - festival and international meeting of theatre women calls national and international artists to submit proposals for shows to participate in their 3rd edition to be held from 23 to 29 July 2018, in Brasília - DF.
The festival, produced by Tao Films and Cia Vinspiração contemporary poetry, is part of The Magdalena Project network and promotes the production, exchange and legacy of women's theatre. Performances must be staged, written and / or directed by women.
The theme of this edition will be "Pandora's box". According to the Greek myth, Pandora was the first woman ever to exist and, by carelessness from her curiosity, when opening the box that was entrusted to her, released all the evils such as wars, diseases, hatred. "She" became a symbol associated with evil and we forgot the most important part of the story - that inside the box was hope. In parallel to the Christian myth, according to which woman is responsible for the loss of paradise, the festival wonders, through art, what is the true legacy and responsibility of the contemporary artist.
In this edition, we will also open a discussion on the theme "new masculinities". the images of masculinity disseminated by culture are worn out. The man is imposed on social, cultural and political pressures. and, like any imposition, we can accept them or not. In this festival, we as how can one be a man in this new world?
With this, we intend to draw the light for the best of human beings: art as encouragement and proposal, against intolerance. We are looking for performances adding new elements and enriching these themes.
The festival will also promote workshops and discussions, and it is advisable for artists to participate in all activities. very soon we will register the inscriptions for the workshops.
The deadline for the submission of registrations at the festival is closed on 20 April 2018.
About the selection process
The festival, Solos Férteis, calls groups and artists, national and foreign, with proposals for single-person performances or performances, written and / or directed by women. The shows will be part of the 3rd edition of the festival and will be presented in theatre or alternate spaces during the period from 23 to 29 July 2018 in Brasilia, DF, Brazil.
1. Registrations shall be open from this date until 23:59 pm on 20 April 2018, without exception
2. Unpublished shows will be accepted.
3. Shows must be related to the themes of "Pandora's box " and put emphasis on the hope and the best of the human being and / or " new masculinities".
4. Shows must be presented in Portuguese, Spanish or English, or that their understanding does not depend on verbal texts.
5. Solos Férteis, is not responsible for payments of rights and exhibition rights and the use of content. when selected, each artist shall have all the documentation for the approval, execution, representation and exploration by the owner of the rights of the work, without exception.
6. The duration of the shows must not exceed 60 minutes.
7. For registration, artists must send:
(a) In the body of e-mail: Synopsis of up to a paragraph, technical sheet, age classification, requirements and technical specifications, time for assembly and dismantling, link with complete recording without cuts, summary of the artist (director and / or actress), food restrictions or other special needs and state if the performance can be presented in alternative spaces.
(b) In annex: two high-resolution photos (jpg, 300 dpi) for disclosure, with identification of the name of the photographer.
8. Subsequent changes or inclusion of articles in the technical rider not listed in this first email will not be accepted.
9. All material must be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the call - (name of show) - (uf or country).
10. Foreign artists must provide necessary documentation for entry into the country according to the demands of Brazilian institutions.
11. Solos Férteis will offer accommodation, food and internal transfers during the festival period. accommodation and food costs outside the period and rule of the festival must be paid by the artist(s).
12. The festival organisation reserves the right to record, photograph and document performances and presentations for memory and dissemination.
13. Important: shows will not be accepted in which the male figure is represented as an inherent perpetuadora of violence.
JUST ANNOUNCED- SAVE THE DATE
SOLOS FERTEIS MAGDALENE FESTIVAL RETURNS IN JULY 2018
We have just received news that is so 'hot off the press' that the ink may transfer onto our hands! We are delighted to announce the return of the Solos Ferteis Festival. It will take place in Brasilia, Brazil from the 23rd to the 30th of July 2018. There will be more details coming your way in the next few weeks, so watch this space!