The Magdalena Project aims to:
- increase the awareness of women's contribution to contemporary theatre;
- enable women to explore new approaches to theatre-making that more profoundly reflect their own experience rather than that of men;
- create the fora that can give voice to the concerns of women working in theatre;
- encourage women to examine their role in the future of theatre and to question existing structures.
Those involved in the Project seek to achieve these aims by:
- providing opportunities for women to work together;
- providing opportunities for women to share, develop and pass on their work through performance platforms, festivals, pedagogical activities, workshops, collaborations, publications and conferences;
- adopting a rational approach to documentation and disseminating information;
- maintaining the flexibility of an organic structure which will serve the expansion of the growing network.
If there is an overall objective it is to create the artistic and economic structures and support networks to enable women to work.